After a two week hiatus I'm back and to kick things off here's my first annual Pac 10 Football preview.
1. USC- They lost a lot of talent from last year's team but most of their bench players from a year ago could have started almost anywhere. I don't think they'll run the table but look for the Trojans in Pasadena on January 1. (10-2)
2. Oregon- A dificult schedule but I think this will be another special year for the Ducks. Remember these two names, Dennis Dixon and Jonathan Stewart. (10-2)
3. Cal- Lynch is a stud at Running Back but the Bears have serious questions at quarterback. (9-3)
4. Arizona State- I originally had them picked for third but with the recent turmoil and the fact that they always under achieve I moved them down to fourth. (8-4)
5. UCLA- Their defense was lousy a year ago and they have to replace both their starting quarterback and running back from a year ago but I still think they're good enough for fith. (7-5)
6. Stanford- Second year for coach Walt Harris and a solid senior quarterback in Trent Edwards. The Cardinal are improved but not by much (7-5)
7. Arizona- Mike Stoops has shown that he can recruit but it remains to be seen whether or not he can coach. (6-6)
8. Oregon State- A Mike Riley coached Oregon State football team has never lost fewer than five games. That trend doesn't change this year (6-7) Note: Oregon Sate plays 13 games this year.
9. Washington State- Bill Doba isn't a good football coach, enough said! (5-7)
10. Washington- The Huskies will double their win total from a year ago but they still finish last (4-8)
Coach of the Year- Mike Bellotti
Player of the Year- Marshawn Lynch RB Cal
Coaches on the Hot Seat- Mike Riley, Bill Doba and Mike Stoops