Thursday, January 12, 2006


The Beatles
In recent years my taste in music has changed. Gone are the days of me rocking out to people like Michael W Smith and Steven Mullett Chapman on a regular basis. Every once in a while I'll play some Smitty CD for old times sake, after all "I celebrate the guy's entire catalog". Along with my Smitty catalog, my Ipod is loaded with selections from artists like Bon Jovi, James Taylor, Bruce Springstein and John Mellencamp, heck there's even a few country songs on there. But my favorite group to listen to now is the Beatles. I've been asked on numerous occassions over the last couple of years why I'm so obsessed with a group that split up over thirty five years ago, who's last original album was released seven years before I was even born. I could answer that by talking about how they were musical innovaters or how they had a greater impact on music than any other band or individual in twentieth century, but I don't feel qualified to make statements like that, I'll leave those type of statements to people who actually know a thing or two about music. I could answer the question by talking how their music impacted the world as a whole or how it contributed to the fall of communism, but I think that would be overstating their impact. So why do I like the Beatles so much? I just do!


Dennis' Top 10 Beatles Songs for anyone who cares
1. Blackbird
2. Helter Skelter
3. Yesterday
4. Let it Be
5. While My Guitar Gently Weeps
6. Help
7. We Can Work it Out
8. Mother Natures Son
9. Hey Jude
10. Get Back

This list changes daily as I have not yet heard every single song they've recorded. I only wish I celebrated their entire catalog, currently my Beatles collection stands at 105 songs.

No comments: