Saturday, August 23, 2008

The 1:00 AM text message

I'll admit that curiosity got to me and I signed up to recieve Barack Obama's big text message announcement. There was a small problem with this whole text message thing though, his choice got leaked to the media last night. It was all over the news that Joe Biden was the choice last night. I figured that I would recieve a text message this morning around say 8:00 or 9:00 making the announcement but at 1:00 AM this morning I got the text message announcing what the whole world already knew! Why would a campaign wake people up at a ridiculous hour to announce something that everybody already knew? I must be honest and say that my phone was on silent so it did not wake me up but what about his millions of followers who signed up for this? Did it wake them up? Any chance of me voting for the Junior Senator from the State of Illinois (which allready was almost zero) has now been flushed down the toilet with the campaign's attempt to wake me up at 1:00 AM! I got a piece of advice for you Barack instead of being hip with the whole text message thing, next time just use an old fashioned press release or news conference because nobody wants to be woke up by old news.

Now a small thought on the pick itself. I wouldn't say he struck out with this pick but it certainly isn't a home run either. I'll score at a single and as a McCain supporter I'm quite happy with that.

No comments: