Thank God football season is almost here. Now I can go back to blogging about I blog about best and that's the Great American Sport of Football. Being an election year, I may have a few random musings about the presidential election (which I'm saying is a tossup as of now) but the majority of my blog entries from now until January will be about football. Since weekly Pac 10 rankings were wildly successful last year, I've decided to bring them back for another year. So here are my first weekly Pac 10 rankings for the 2008 college football season:
1. SUC- The Trojans are just too good
2. Oregon- No Costa, No problem! Roper (Maybe Masoli) and the Ducks will shine in 2008.
3. ASU- Look for a big year out of Judy Carpenter and the Sun Devils but it won't get them any farther than El Paso.
4. OS(U)- Tough choice on Thursday night. OS(U)-Stanford or Barack Obama's convention speech.
5. Cal- Another mediocre year for the Bears.
6. Arizona- Mike Stoopid and the Mildcats finally go Bowling.
7. UCLA- The Bruins will struggle in 2008 but watch out for them in 2009.
8. Washington- The Dawgs will improve but not enough to save Ty Willingham's job.
9. Stanford- Watch out for my week one upset. Stanford will beat OS(U)
10. WSU- The Cougs will go for perfection in the Pac 10 but might just blow in the Apple Cup.