Monday, November 13, 2006

Back to normal



ESPN has been a part of my life since its inception in 1980. Until last April I don't remember anytime in my life when I did not have ESPN. I saw the network grow from a single station that showed sports such as Australian rules football, Auto racing, Yacht Racing and Hockey to the family of networks it is today.

When I moved to my current residence back in April I decided to go with basic cable which does not include ESPN. What did I do for the last seven months without it? I ran two marathons, started dating a wonderful girl, got a library card and watched network TV shows such as Dancing With the Stars and The Bachelor. It was strange not turning on my TV to watch sportscenter every night as I had much of my life but I survived OK.

About two weeks ago while watching television my wonderful cable provider comcast aired a commercial in which they advertising a special. The very next day I dialed 1-800-COMCAST to arrange to have my cable TV upgraded. Last Friday morning the cable guy showed up and got everything installed and now after seven months without it, I once again have my ESPN.

No comments: