Saturday, November 04, 2006

October 22, 1994

It's a day that I will always remember. I was sitting in with my parents in the west endzone of autzen watching my beloved Ducks take on the hated Washington Huskies. After watching the Ducks take the lead on 98 yard scoring drive, I witnessed the Huskies march down to the Oregon eight yard line. It looked as if the huskies were going to steal another victory from the ducks, they had the had the bowl first and goal with an all american running back. What happened next forever changed Oregon football. On first and goal, huskie quarterback Damon Huard threw a pass towards the endzone but a freshman corner by the name of Kenny Wheaton stepped in front that pass at three yard line and took the ball 97 yards for an Oregon touchdown. Without "The Pick" the Ducks don't beat Washington, they probabably don't go to the Rose Bowl, no Rose Bowl means Oregon football continues in mediocrity and the winningest era in Oregon football never happens.


1 comment:

Jessica said...

And to think I missed it. D*** rain.