Wednesday, January 17, 2007

The Worst Bottle of Wine I've Ever Had

I am always on the lookout for a good cheap bottle of wine. If I see a bottle wine under $7.00 that I haven't tried before, I'll usually buy it. Sometimes I'll find a good one and other times I'll find a not so good one. Last night I was grocery shopping at Winco foods, when I came across Nathanson Creek Cabernet Sauvignon for $2.37. Since Cabernet Sauvignon is is my favorite wine I decided that I'd give it a shot, if it was bad I'd only be out $2.37. Tonight after I finished my run and called my girlfriend, I poured myself a glass. After one sip I was left wondering wondering what it actually was that I was drinking, surely it wasn't Cabernet Sauvignon. Half way through the glass I still couldn't determine what it was that I was actually drinking. After finishing the glass I decided it tasted liked a combination of grape juice that had sat out on a counter for a month and cherry cough syrup. After one glass I poured the remainder of the bottle down the sink. The moral of the story is if you want a good bottle of wine you have to spend more than $2.37.

1 comment:

justin ubel said...

Dennis,
I appreciate your quest for the good, inexpensive bottle of wine...but $2.37 can't even buy cough syrup or the grape juice to leave on the counter for a month. May a recommend never stepping below 3-buck-chuck, unless you want to be like Jimmie with his jug-o-Rossi. And may I also recommend Crane Lake Cabernet Sauvignon, which should run you 4 or 5 dollars. One of my favorite inexpensive wines.

ju