Thursday, April 05, 2007

The first pitch

Congratulations to Cincinnati Mayor Mark Mallory for what may have been the worst ceremonial first pitch in baseball history. In the Reds opening day game, Mallory missed home plate by about twelve feet throwing from the front of the mound. I don't care who you are if you can't reach home plate from the front of the mound then you have no business throwing out the first pitch. I have horrible throwing motion and a messed up throwing shoulder but I can still throw a ball across home plate from the top of the mound. Say what you want about President Bush's politics but the guy the guy knows how to do first pitches or as Joekimsanjaya Noah would say "he do it huge". In game three of 2001 World Series he walked out to the mound at Yankee Stadium and fired a perfect strike from the top of the mound while wearing a bullet proof vest, that is how it is done. For comparison sake I've posted the video of Mallory's first pitch and President Bush's first pitch. I do apologize that I couldn't get a clip of just the President's pitch so you do have to put up with a few minutes of extras dealing with the pitch.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, I did not expect it to be that bad. I was seriously crying I was laughing so hard...