Saturday, April 08, 2006

My Week in Review

Before I begin I must mention that the rest of my Mexico pictures are up, they've actually been up since Tuesday so you all have probably allready seen them. I realize that I've been slacking since I got back from Mexico, hopefully I will return to regular blogging schedule soon. Hopefully my week in review can explain to you all why I haven't blogged much since I got back.

Sunday- I returned home from Mexico. I celebrated my return with two twelve ounce bottles of Corona with lime. I also paid some bills and did some laundry.

Monday- I left my house for I thought would be a normal day of work. On my way to work I stopped at Starbucks and ordered a venti nonfat white chocolate mocha and a maple bar. I got to work turned on my computer, checked my email and voice mail. I had about 100 emails while I was on vacation and five voice mails. At 12:30 I went to lunch at the Jail (I'm reffering to the name of a restaraunt not the county jail!) I ordered a #1 which is Teryaki chicken and rice. After returning to work I started feeling ill. At 3:00 I told my boss's boss that I was going home because I was sick. Upon arriving at my apartment I went to my dedroom turned on ESPN and fell asleep. At 4:30 I woke and felt much better so I decided to go for a short run before watching the NCAA championship. About a quarter mile into my run I realized that my body wasn't cooperating so I stopped and walked home. I decided to get cleaned up get ready to go to my friends house to watch the game. After getting cleaned up I started feeling not so well again so I called my friend and told him I wasn't going to make it. At 6:00 I turned on the game and layed down in my bed. At 6:15 I puked in my toilet. At 6:30, 6:45, 7:00, 7:15, 7:30.............and so on I rushed to the bathroom with horrible diarreha. I also puked two more times. This went on the rest of the night the trips to the bathroom eventually slowed to every hour.

Tuesday- I woke up at 6:30 and called my boss to tell her I wasn't going to work. I went back to bed and woke up again 7:30 and 8:30 to use the bathroom. At 10:00 I woke up for good. I turned on the Price is Right for awhile and ate a bowl of oatmeal. Feeling much better but extremely weak and dehydrated I stumbled across the street to the Chevron station to purchase a 32 Ounce bottle of extreme grape Gatorade. I drank the Gatorade and took a nap until about 3:00. Feeling about 87.3% I drove to Walmart and the grocery store to purchase some miscelaneous items. Upon rturning home I went for a short walk and then had spagehtti for dinner. After flipping between Fox Sports, ESPN and ESPN 2 most of the night I went to bed at about 10:00 PM. Before going to bed I brushed my teeth with my sonicare electric toothbrush with a brand new brush head that I purchased at Walmart earlier in the day. I used Crest Lemon Ice toothpaste and rinsed my mouth with orange flavored listorine.

Wednesday- I woke up with a cold. I took some sudafed, put on my work clothes, packed my lunch and drove to work. I arrived to work and grabbed a coffee mug that read "All stressed out with nobody to choke" I poured myself a cup of sumatra blend from South Fork Coffee Company. At 12:30 I ate my lunch which consisted of a turkey sandwich on whole wheat bread, nonfat raspberry yogurt, a Granny Smith apple and a can of diet Pepsi. After eating my lunch I took a short walk to the U of O campus and back. I worked for another four hours and then went home. At home I made myself a quesadilla with Tillamook chedder cheese. After eating dinner I drove to church for youth group. On my way to church I listened to Paul McCartney's latest album "Chaos and Creation in the Backyard". After youth group I went to Dairy Queen with a few students and other leaders, I ordered a medium Oreo Cookie Blizzard. Upon returning home I decided that I needed to go for a run so I ran six miles in a slow time of 51:09. Considering that I hadn't ran in over a week and that I was sick I was satisfied with the time. after my run I thought about blogging but instead decided to go to bed.

Thursday- The morning was the same as Wednesday, the only difference was that my cold was worse. At work I grabbed the same coffee cup and poured the same blend of coffee. At 12:30 I took my lunch but decided to go drive by a couple apartments that I discovered in the Register Guard. One of them looked acceptable so I called on it and set an appointment to go look at it on Friday. I went back to work and worked for four hours and then went home. At home I made myself a quesadilla and enjoyed a cold Corona with lime. After dinner I went the PC2 group at my Church which stands for Post College-Pre Children. Upon returning home I smoked a Cigar with my roommate. I then went McMenamins North Bank with two of my friends. I enjoyed two glasses a special brew they had on tap, I don't what they called it but it was a special version of their Hammerhead pale ale that was 8.3% alcohol by volume. It was very enjoyable. After that I went home and went to bed.

Friday- I still had the cold and it wasn't getting any better. The morning routine was the same again. At 1:00 I took my lunch and headed off to look at the apartment that I drove by a day earlier. It was located near Autzen Stadium and it was a very small but acceptable. The idea of driving past Autzen Stadium everyday on my way to work made it a done deal. I wrote a check for $250 for the deposit and agreed to move in on the April 15th. I returned to work for four more hours and then went to my parents house for dinner and to celebrate my sisters birthday. I had Spaghetti, for dessert I had chocolate cake which my six year old nephew Nolan helped my mom bake. After dinner I went to 7-11 to buy beer for poker, I settled on a 22 ounce bottle of Arrogant Bastard. I then headed to my friend's house and played poker for a couple hours and as usual I did not win. After poker I went home and went to bed.

Saturday- I woke up a 8:30 and went for a short 10 mile run (next week I get to do 21!). After the run I cleaned and watched ESPN for a while. I then decided to go grocery shopping. I drove to Winco listening to "the Best of Johnny Cash". At Winco I purchased a variety of items including shaving cream, chicken, cheese, beer, diet pepsi, pasta, oatmeal, lunch meat, yogurt and apples. The total came $45.79, I also purchased a powerball ticket which I have yet to check to see if it was a winner. After putting away my groceries and watching a little more TV, I changed into nice clothes and headed off to my roomate's wedding. On the way to the wedding I listened to the Beatles "1" album. At wedding I said hi to a few people I knew and then took a seat on the groom's side. I did not have a date at the wedding. After the wedding I drove to the reception at the Valley River Inn. I mingled for a bit and then took a seat at a table with some casual aquaintences . While sitting at the table I saw one of my friends enter the room, I walked over to her table and sat and had a 10 minute conversation with her. Unfortunatly her table was actually full and someone was allready sitting in the seat that I was in so I eventually headed back to my table. On my way back to my table I ran into another friend so I stopped and talked to her for about five minutes before returning to my table which had since filled up with some weird people that I had never met. One guy had a pornstache! After eating and watching the cutting of the cake I quietly left the building and returned to my apartment where I spent the rest of the evening.

I hope this makes up for my lack of blogging this week. Hopefully I can return to my regular blogging schedule soon.


Jon & Chris Steele said...

That was an incredibly detailed post, and I applaud your memory.

Steve K said...

Johnny Cash, ESPN, and McMennamins Double-Hammerhead. You are living my dream.

jessybel said...

very detailed. i especially liked hearing everything you ate . . . and how often you experienced intesinal distress.