Sunday, May 11, 2008

Back in training

After a week of being lazy and eating anything I wanted, I decided that it was time to get back to work. After getting home from a weekend in Portland, I put on my running shoes and shorts and went out for a five mile run. Despite my feet feeling like there were cinder blocks strapped to them, I managed a nice easy eight minute mile pace. My training aproach for my next marathon will be a little different as I'm including more races this time. My next race is on Memorial day when I will run 20K (12.4 mile) Ridgeline Ramble along Eugene's famed Ridgeline Trail. After the Ramble I will run the 35th annual Butte to Butte (10k) on July 4 and nine days later I will run in the Coburg Run in the Country (Half Marathon). I may throw in a few more races in the summer as I prepare for the Portland Marathon on October 5th.

No comments: