Sunday, May 04, 2008

It just wasn't my day

Today I ran my fourth marathon. I knew going in to it that it wasn't going to be my best run. Two years ago I ran a 3:25:07 which to this day stands as my PR. My training for this one didn't go as well as my first and I'm a lot heavier than I was two years ago. I went out with a goal of four hours and for about 17 miles I was right on pace for that. Shorthly after mile 17 I hit my wall and for nine miles I struggled in pain. I crossed the finish line in 4:30:49, well short of my goal but hey I finished. I'm fully committed to pressing on and doing this again in Portland on October 5. Eventually I'll get back near 3:30 mark and I do believe that some day I'll get that Boston qualifier. The big question is do I do it now or do I wait until I'm 35 when it gets easier?

No comments: