Thursday, June 22, 2006

0-3 (I refuse to recognize the tie, it's a loss!)



Congratulations to what was being touted as the best USA Soccer team ever. Their performance in that soccer tournament over in Germany has set soccer back about twenty years in this country and I couldn't happier about it. It was a brilliant performance by team USA and their coach Bruce Arena.

I must mention that I predicted a three and out on this blog on April 11, 2006:

"If the US doesn't step it up in 58 days (thanks Justin for the countdown clock) it's going to be three and out for Bruce Arena's boys in the World Cup."

Soccer Update Dennis' Daily Rant April 11, 2006


I know I was a little hard on my friend Justin on this blog earlier this week, actually it was his Braves but I feel like I would be doing a disservice to my readers if I didn't post his comment in response to my prediction:

"3 and out. Sounds like Jake Plummeter's Broncos, not the ranked-higher-than-England USA soccer program."

Justin Ubel April 11, 2006

Jake Plummer's Broncos were one win from playing for a championship while that "ranked-higher-than-England USA soccer program." performed about as well as Walter Mondale did in the 1984 Presidential election .

No comments: