Tuesday, February 07, 2006

26.2 Miles Am I Crazy?
Barring an Injury or serious Illness, I will be running the Newport Marathon on June 3, 2006. Last Saturday marked the official beginning of my marathon training. With a brand new pair of running shoes, I embarked on my first run as a part of my marathon training. Not that this is real significant because I've been running 36 miles a week for a few months now. I'll actually be running a little less than that some weeks but as I get closer to race day the mileage will increase. My training allready hit a slight snag due to my illness on Super Bowl Sunday. Sunday was a scheduled day off but I also had to take Monday off due to the lingering effects of the illness. Tonight I got back on track with a nice easy eight mile run. It was a struggle and I don't really enjoy running through Alton Baker Park alone after dark, but I made it. Hopefully I'm back to 100% by Saturday for my twelve miler. I'll keep you all up to date on my progress over the next few months.

4 comments:

Chris Steele said...

That's awesome! You're very inspiring, Dennis. Maybe after this kid is born I'll run as much as you.

Stephen said...

I ran/walked a mile last night and thought I was going to die.

Jessica said...

you rock, dennis! keep on runnin'. you're an inspiration to all of us lazy bums. I have some marathon training advice if you ever need any. for instance: salt. if you start thinking weird thoughts that don't make sense, eat salt. mcdonald's has nice little salt packs you can snag.

Jessica said...

oh, and yes, you're crazy.