Monday, February 27, 2006

So Long Monster House

About three years ago I was channel surfing one night and came across a show called "Monster House". It was a show in which build team was challenged to do some pretty outrageous remodels on people's homes. Among my favorite remodels were the Brittish Pub house, the Retro future house and the sports house. The show became a favorite of mine and of my roomates Aaron and Jared, many Monday nights at the old Vermont ST apartment were spent watching it. Our favorite episodes were always recorded and saved on our DVR. After I moved back to Eugene I pretty much stopped watching "Monster House", tonight I happened to be channel surfing and came across Monster House so I decided to watch. I was saddened to learn that it was the final episode, it brought back memories of sitting on that nasty couch that was once white eating top ramen and drinking a beer while watching "Monster House". I almost shed a tear when host Steve Watson said "DONE" for the final time. For a one year period "Monster House" was my favorite show not on ESPN, now it's gone and it will be missed

2 comments:

Chris Steele said...

We used to watch "Monster House," too! Monday was declared "Man TV night" and we'd watch that and "Monster Garage". How sad that it is over. Now you'll have to watch "The Family Guy" or "Whose Line" like the rest of us.

Joanne said...

I will have a moment of silence for the show....... done.