Sunday, February 12, 2006

KLCC Brewfest 2006
As most of you allready know, over the past year I have become a little more health concious. Gone are the days of the late night trips to Taco Bell, Carls JR and Jack in the Box or eating a half gallon of ice cream in one day. While I've given up a lot I still have three vices, they are coffee, chocolate and beer. To me it doesn't get better than sitting in a pub with group of friends enjoying a good microbrew. I am grateful that I live on the west coast and Oregon in particular because it is the home to so many great breweries. When I saw the advertisement for the annual KLCC Brewfest a couple of weeks ago, I knew that I had to go.

After work Friday night I went home changed from work clothes to my Beer tasting clothes and it was off to the Lane County Fairgrounds. I paid my $10.00 to get in the door, got my commerative tasting glass, spent another $10.00 for twenty tickets and then it was time to get to work. My plan going in was to only try beers that I've never tasted before. There were over forty breweries participating, so I didn't really know where to begin. I just started wandering around and if I saw something that looked interesting I would try it. In the end I sampled 19 different beers, they were only about four ounces so it wasn't really that much. Among my favorites Terminal Gravity Breakfast Porter, Young's Double Chocolate Stout and Biere De Mars by New Belgium Brewing (I happen to be drinking it as I blog).

It was $20.00 well spent, I got to spend some time with some friends and I go to taste some great beer. So if you're a beer connoisseur like me, I reccomend next time there's a brewfest in your area you attend. Oh by the way, I almost forgot to mention that after a night of Beer tasting that I was still able to roll out of bed at 7:00 AM and run twelve miles.

2 comments:

Stephen said...

So 19 samples of 4 oz. beers...
Thats almost 2 40's Dennis. So, figure in you are 35% less of a man than you were at my bacelor party I could assume you were 65% more plowed than you were that night. And yet you ran. You animal.

DMC said...

I was wobbly but not anywhere near the level I reached at your Bachelor Party